Having a flawless skin is vital in enhancing ones overall appearance as well as raising their self-esteem and confidence. Unfortunately, not everyone is privileged to have a naturally clear skin tone. In fact, a majority of people today are forced to deal with dark skin spots on sensitive areas such as around the eyes, the elbows, and behind the ears. For some, it is either scars, pigmentation or an uneven skin tone.
If this describes you, it is likely that you’re already stressing over the situation and perhaps thinking about how you can change it. Luckily for you, this post shows you some of the simple yet effective methods on how to get white skin fast. As such, we’ll look at several proven chemical and natural methods that will help you get a fair skin in the shortest time possible.
1. How to bleach skin at home
In this segment, we focus on the three most effective methods you can use to whiten your skin at home using popularly used bleaching agents.
a. Using skin lightening pills
This is perhaps the most popular method used for skin bleaching today, which is mainly attributed to the pills’ antioxidant properties that significantly enhance their effectiveness. Skin lightening pills are readily available and take various forms ranging from capsules, tablets, and even supplements.
You may want to review several of them before purchasing your preferred choice. Nevertheless, Glutathione pills are highly recommended as they are generally effective and produce excellent results for most users.
b. Using bleaching creams
There’s no shortage of skin lightening creams on the market today with most of them being sold over the counter. These creams facilitate a reduction in the amount of melanin in your skin. This is the pigment responsible for giving your skin its color and consequently darkening it when exposed to sun rays.
When selecting your preferred skin lightening creams, ensure that they contain crucial ingredients such as kojic acid, alpha hydroxyl acid, arbutin, glycolic acid or Vitamin C. Always be extra keen to read and follow directions provided by the manufacturer when using these creams.
c. Using Retinoid Creams
The use of retinoid creams is a fairly popular skin bleaching method, although the creams are only available with a prescription. They are made using an acidic form of Vitamin A and are pretty effective when used to lighten the skin as well as in clearing skin discolorations. Besides, you can use retinoid creams to smooth out wrinkles and to remove acne.
2. How to get fair skin fast using natural methods
a. Using Turmeric
Turmeric is a popular Indian spice with a long history of use in making skin bleaching treatments. It inhibits production of melanin thereby preventing the tanning of the skin. Two of the most effective procedures you can follow when using turmeric to bleach your skin are as follows:
- Create a mixture of turmeric powder and milk to form a thick paste. Apply this paste on your face or any other part of your tanned skin. Allow it to dry before washing it off with lukewarm water.
- An alternative method entails the use of turmeric powder, lemon juice, and gram flour. Create a mixture of the three ingredients and apply the resulting paste on your face. Leave it for about 20-25 minutes before scrubbing and rinsing the skin with lukewarm water.
b. Using Lemon
Lemon is another popular
natural skin bleaching agent that can be used in a variety of ways and in a combination with a lot of other ingredients to give you a fairer complexion. As such, here are two common procedures you can use for quick results when using lemon to bleach your skin:
- Using a cotton ball, apply some fresh lemon juice directly on the affected area and leave it to dry for about an hour. You could even rub an open piece of lemon directly on your skin. You can then wash your face with warm water. Repeat this simple remedy once every day for best results.
- Alternatively, mix lemon juice, honey and powdered milk to form a thick paste. Apply this mixture on the dark parts of your skin. Leave it to dry for about 15-20 minutes before washing it off. Do this every day until you notice desirable results.
c. Using Papaya
Papaya is a fruit whose contents are regularly used to make various beauty treatments today. This is mainly attributed to its powerful bleaching properties and numerous nutrients known to nourish the skin. When used as a bleaching agent, the following are some of the viable methods you can use:
- Eat the fruit to help you cleanse the skin and get rid of its impurities that are likely to be darkening it.
- Make it a daily routine to rub the inner part of the papaya fruit skin on your face. Allow it to dry before rinsing it with cold water.
- Alternatively, make a mixture of papaya and lemon juices. Apply it on your face and other dark spots on your body. Let it dry for about 30 minutes. Wash it off using cold water. Repeat this procedure once every week until you notice a change in your complexion.
d. Using Coconut and Pineapple
- For this method, you’ll need to mix equal quantities of both coconut milk and pineapple juice.
- Apply the resulting mixture on your skin and allow it to dry.
- Wash it off using warm water.
3. Simple tips and precautions to observe when whitening your skin
- Avoid bleaching wounded or any damaged part of your skin.
- Consider testing your skin for allergies to ingredients you intend to use for your bleaching process before embarking on the process. Avoid those that cause irritation or itchy skin.
- It is advisable that you cover sensitive areas such as the eyes before bleaching your face. You can use cucumber slices to cover your eyes in such a case.
- Always apply a moisturizer as a way to finalize your skin bleaching process.
- It is always important for you to review all the bleaching products you intend to use (especially in chemical bleaching) to confirm their safety and that all their ingredients are gentle on your skin.
- Avoid bleaching agents that contain hydroquinone as it has been found to be carcinogenic and thus pose a health hazard to you.
When it comes to skin whitening at home, there are two main approaches from which you can choose; natural and chemical methods. A majority of chemical methods are likely to be more efficient compared to the natural methods while also producing quicker results.
However, natural methods pose little danger to your health despite being generally slower in providing results. It’s now up to you to make a decision on the
best skin whitening method that offers you the best results.