Top 7 Exercises For Quick Belly Fat Burning (Tummy Reduction)
Let’s admit it, everyone wants to have that flat, well-toned stomach and possibly more defined abs. While getting such a body calls for some high level of commitment to exercises and diet, it’s never an impossible task nor does it have to be extremely tough to achieve. All that is needed is for you to observe several workout guidelines while also being able to remain committed to the routines you’ve chosen to follow.
So, are you looking for what exercise burns fats? Well, in this post, we look at the top 7 workouts for tummy reduction. It’s however important to mention that for these routines to provide you optimal results, you will need to combine them with the necessary diet depending on your fitness preferences.
1. The bicycle exercise
The bicycle exercise is regarded as one of the best ways you can
lose belly fats quickly. To use this workout, follow the routine below:
- Lie on a flat surface with both hands holding your head.
- Lift both your legs while bending them at the knee area.
- Try pulling one of your knees close to your chest with the other leg out. When bringing the knee up, try to have it meet your opposite elbow so that it forms a perfect stomach crunch.
- Repeat the procedure with the other leg and also try to lift your upper body in the process.
- Continue switching sides in a rapid motions that simulate a pedaling activity.
- Carry out this routine severally in a week for optimal results.
2. Side To Side Bending
This exercise is often used to burn fats around the stomach area and can also be used to shape up your love handles. Use the following routine for the side to side bending workouts:
- Stand upright with both feet placed closely together. You should then lift your hands, stretching them above your head, while clasping them together.
- Bend to your left side while stretching yourself as much as possible. Hold your body in this position for at least 15 seconds.
- Get back to your upright position for a moment before bending to the opposite direction for another 15 seconds.
- Repeat the routine severally till you feel your stomach area is exhausted.
- For better results, you can increase your hold on time to about 30 seconds depending on how comfortable you get.
3. Lunge Reach
This is another excellent exercise for tummy reduction whose other main targets areas are shoulders, butt, and quads. To carry out the routine, follow the guidelines listed below:
- Stand with both feet stationed at the hip-width apart position. Try bending your knees slightly while placing your arms by your sides.
- You should then lunge forward with one of your legs while also ensuring both your knees are bent at 90 degrees. Your arms should also be facing the floor.
- At this point, push off the other leg in an attempt to get it get back to its initial position. You’ll also need to lift your arms straight above your head.
- Repeat these reps and also keep switching sides for better results.
Often, people associate burpees with being brutal which is a quite fair reputation. The good thing about them is that they produce amazing results despite being a little more difficult and tiresome. To do the burpee to burn fats around your belly area, the following is a simple routine you can follow.
- Stand upright and place your feet at a shoulder-width apart position.
- You can then get down to the ground to perform a quick pushup.
- You should then jump forward and raise your knees to meet your chest. Keep on jumping as high as possible while also getting back on your feet in the standing position.
- Repeat these sets with each of them lasting a minimum 30 seconds for better results
5. Rolling Plank Exercise
This is another incredibly efficient workout that offers great results when used to target areas such as the hip, lower back, and the abdomen. Below is a description of how you can perform the rolling plank exercise at home.
- On a flat surface, take a position whereby both your elbows and knees are resting on the surface.
- Be sure to look up which places your neck in alignment with your spine.
- Gradually, lift up your knees which leaves your toes supporting your body weight.
- At this point, try to contract your knees while maintaining your body at this position for about 30 seconds. It is imperative that you continue breathing normally while keeping your body at this position.
- You should then begin moving to and fro for about two minutes. This should sum up your rolling plank exercise.
Despite being discredited by various fitness experts for its effectiveness in burning belly fat, it would be fair to state that only a few routines can achieve the results this workout offers as far as belly fat burning is concerned. As such, we will look at the steps you should follow for the workout:
- Lie flat on your back on a level surface. You can now bend your knees while having your feet touch the ground.
- Be sure to keep your hands right behind your head.
- Taking a deep breath, lift your upper body and exhale while lifting the body.
- Inhale again when returning to the flat position and exhale again when going up.
- Perform this for about 10 times before repeating the routine for two or three more sets.
7. Squat Jumps
This routine largely targets various body parts such as the butt, legs, and the abs. To perform squat jumps, the following are key steps to observe.
- Stand upright and place your legs at shoulder-width apart position.
- Slightly bend your knees while placing your hands on your sides.
- Squat while also placing your knees behind your toes. Jump straight up. Besides, lift your arms above your head.
- Land while still in your squatting position and your arms overhead.
- You can now lower your arms by sides.
- Repeat the steps severally for optimal results.
While there are no fit-all exercises to help everyone equally in reducing belly fat, the seven listed above seem to offer great results for a majority of people. You can try out a few of them before settling on the most effective one for you. Remember to also combine the workouts with the right
diet for better results.