Yeast infection (which is also known as Candida), is the type of infection which happens when there’s an overgrowth of the candida, (a yeast like fungus that’s naturally present in the vagina). In moderate amount, this fungus is actually useful in maintaining the body’s micro organism’s balance. It also helps in keeping your digestive system strong. Normally, it is kept in check by presence of lactobacillus, (a bacteria which secretes an acid which discourages yeast growth.)
Some of the symptoms of yeast infection include; swelling, itching, and a burning sensation around that affected area. If it’s a vaginal yeast infection, there’s usually a lot of discomfort and pain in the vagina during sexual intercourse, a burning sensation when urinating, and at times an odorless vaginal discharge.
3 out of 4 women will most probably suffer from a yeast infection at least once, in their lifetime, and almost all people who have HIV/AIDS usually develop candida infections. Some oral yeast infections, known as oral thrush, are also most common in elderly people, infants, and those who have a weakened body immune system. Fortunately, there are some simple and effective remedies which can help eliminate this infection in a relatively short period of time. They include;
Tea Tree Oil For Yeast Infection
Tea tree oil is an essential oil which is derived from leaves of a native Australian plant known as Melaleuca alternifolia. Tea tree oil helps clean and sooth the
skin and also smells lovely. Tea tree oil has powerful and effective anti bacterial and anti fungal properties, which work to fight and eliminate different kinds of yeast infections. Tea tree oil also has various therapeutic properties such as anti inflammatory and anti septic, and is one of the most popular natural ingredients in many natural cosmetic products such as skin creams, shampoos and massage oils. Tea tree oil is capable of completely eliminating microorganisms and is ideal for treating drug resistant forms of yeast infections. Tea tree oil exerts its’ yeast killing effects by inhibiting the candida’s ability to multiply or replicate. It also interferes with the membrane properties of candida. This all natural disinfectant actually works as well, if not better, than most pharmaceutical anti fungal products.
How To Use Tea Tree Oil For Yeast Infection
1- Tea Tree Oil Tampon
- Mix 3 drops of the tea tree oil in 1/3 cup of lukewarm water.
- Soak a tampon in that liquid.
- Gently insert that tampon into your vagina and leave it overnight (this creates a great soothing application and reduces irritation and localized inflammation.)
- You can reapply a tampon every night for 3 to 4 days so as to reduce the inflammation.
Although this particular method might offer relief from the pain and itching for some women, there are some others who might be sensitive to tea tree oil; discontinue use immediately in case any discomfort or irritation is experienced.
2- Tea Tree Oil Bath
Another great way of treating a yeast infection, especially if it’s affecting the skin or/and the areas around your vagina, is taking a tea tree oil bath. Taking a nice tea tree oil bath is also incredibly relaxing, which is an added benefit as it helps soothe all the the stress and the anxiety which might come with having a yeast infection.
- Fill up a tub with clean warm water.
- Add tea tree oil.
- Make sure you soak in the bath for about 30 minutes.
- Thoroughly dry yourself when you’re finished with the bath.
- You can repeat it a couple of times a day, or til the infection clears up.
Carrier oils such as sunflower oil, olive oil, and castor oil can also be mixed with the tea tree oil to treat the yeast infection. The mixture may be applied using a cotton swab to the affected area(s) 2 to 5 times a day, or a tampon may be drenched in that oil mixture and inserted into the vagina overnight.
Why Tea Tree Oil Works
- Tea tree oil has terpinen-4-ol which kills that fungus which causes yeast infection.
- Tea tree oil contains gamma terpinene and alpha terpinene, which inhibit the growth of the fungus (candida albicans.)
- Tea tree oil helps reduce inflammation and also helps restore your body’s balance of the good and the bad bacteria.
- It has anti fungal, anti microbial, and anti bacterial properties which help in treating yeast infection.
- Tea tree oil has numerous therapeutic attributes, and has the capability of totally eliminating lots of microorganisms.
Boric Acid For Yeast Infection
Boric acid is a highly effective and inexpensive yeast infection treatment. Boric acid has anti fungal, anti viral and anti septic properties that are effective in the treatment of yeast infection. Boric acid has actually been used for many centuries as a great home cure/remedy for yeast infections. Studies have shown that Boric acid is a safe and helpful treatment for people who have recurrent and chronic yeast infections which haven’t been successfully treated by the other means. It’s especially effective for diabetics with recurrent or chronic yeast infections. While some of the other anti fungal yeast infections treatments only treat Candida albicans yeast, the Boric acid treats both the Candida albicans and the Candida glabrata yeasts.
Well, although this particular treatment might be suitable for most people, there are a couple of exceptions; Boric acid suppositories are generally safe for treating recurrent/chronic yeast infections so long as they aren’t taken orally, or used by pregnant women or children.
How To Use Boric Acid
- Dilute some of the Boric acid using water.
- Apply that diluted solution over affected skin area(s), and then leave it on for a couple of minutes.
- Rinse the area(s) thoroughly with clean water.
- You can do this daily for 2 weeks.
Alternatively, you can use Boric acid capsules which are inserted vaginally; You can place a Boric acid capsule in the vagina every night before you go to bed, for a 2 week span, or as recommended by your physician or health care provider. So as to prevent any recurrent yeast infections, you can continue placing the Boric acid capsules in your vagina 2 nights in 1 week (for example, Tuesday and Friday), for 6 to 12 months, or as recommended by your health care provider.
The above yeast infection treatments are proven to be highly effective, and have actually helped many people. So, if you are suffering from a yeast infection, try out any one of the above treatments, and you will find relief in a relatively short period of time. Otherwise, consult a doctor if you don’t find relief after using the above yeast infection treatments.
- Pregnant women or women who are nursing should consult a physician before starting regular tea tree essential oil treatments.
- Don’t use tea tree essential oil on kids under six years of age; it’s too potent for the kids’ sensitive skin, and might cause irritation.
- Before starting the tea tree oil treatment, do the patch test first so you can find out if you’re allergic to the tea tree oil.
- Don’t consume tea tree essential oil internally as it’s toxic and might cause hallucinations, nausea, diarrhea, and vomiting.
- Wear loose and breathable clothing, and always dry your skin properly before wearing clothes.
- Drink lots of water to flush out the toxins.
- Avoid eating fast foods, sweets, and junk.
- Take showers/baths regularly.
- Eat a well balanced diet.
Yeast Infection No More
Yeast Infection No More is a digital program shows you some unique and rare tips on how to treat candida yeast infection and gain complete relief in as little as 12 Hours! This is based on the latest scientific research on how to stop the actual CAUSE of Candida overgrowth and the debilitating yeast infection symptoms, More Information about the Product From Here